With a land area of 3.6 square miles, the City of Bellaire offers small-town charm with the conveniences of a major city. Outstanding services, award-winning schools and upscale amenities ensure a high quality of life for those who make this family-friendly neighborhood their home.
Bellaire’s central location puts it right in the heart of the Houston metropolitan area. Surrounded by the cities of Houston and West University Place, it’s accessible via Loop 610, the Southwest Freeway, Bissonnet Street and Bellaire Boulevard.
Houstonia Magazine named it one of “The 25 Hottest Neighborhoods of 2014.” It is a predominantly white-collar neighborhood, with a large number of residents working in the fields of healthcare, management, business, tech and finance.
Bellaire is zoned to the Houston Independent School District.
- Horn Elementary School
- Condit Elementary School
- Mandarin Chinese Language Immersion Magnet School
- Pin Oak Middle School
- Pershing Middle School
- Bellaire High School
- Episcopal High School
- The Post Oak School
Bellaire is one of Houston’s leading neighborhoods. The housing stock is mostly a mix of older and new construction single-family homes, townhomes and condos.
The most expensive properties in the neighborhood range from 7,000 to 22,000 square feet. They are large enough to accommodate swimming pools, expansive gardens and two or three-car garages.
At a glance
- For outdoor recreation, residents head to Bellaire’s open parks and facilities.
- The neighborhood’s proximity to downtown as well as the Galleria opens up retail opportunities.
- The Galleria has over 400 shops and restaurants, two high-rise hotels, three office towers and a full-size ice-skating rink. The mall’s anchor stores include Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Macy’s.
- The Bellaire Town Square complex houses the Bellaire-Zindler Park, Bellaire Recreation Center, Event Pavilion and Family Aquatic Center. The facility is suitable for all ages.
- Officer Lucy Dog Park is named after the city’s former K-9 detective.
- Bellaire Triangle Shopping Center opened in 1959 and serves the needs of residents to this day. It has a barber shop, a jeweler, a bank, a drugstore and a few casual restaurants.
- Sushi Miyagi is a hole-in-the-wall that has been cited as being one of the top 10 sushi restaurants in Houston.
- Costa Brava Bistro serves French and Spanish cuisine. The menu consists of grilled octopus, escargot sautéed in garlic butter and crispy Scottish salmon.
Looking for a home in Bellaire? Feel free to call Hunter Real Estate Group at 713-572-0824 or email email@example.com.