Midtown is a thriving urban community located in the heart of Houston. With its pedestrian-friendly streets and wealth of modern amenities, Midtown offers residents a lifestyle of convenience.
Sandwiched between downtown and the Museum District, it is the perfect fit for young professionals starting their careers, keen on living close to so many of Houston’s most prominent employers. The area’s many restaurants, bars, coffee shops and parks are additional attractions.
The district is bordered by the intersecting I-69/US HWY 59 and I-45 corridors. In addition, the METRORail Red Line runs right across its center, offering residents a fast and convenient commute.
For buyers wanting to experience an urban lifestyle, Midtown is the best place to be.
Midtown students are served by the Houston Independent School District, the largest Texas public school system.
- Gregory-Lincoln Education Center
- Lamar High School
- Carnegie Vanguard High School
- Young Women’s College Preparatory Academy
- High School for Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice
- University of St. Thomas
- HCC Central Performing and Visual Arts
- Houston Community College Central
Midtown’s real estate is a great mix of old and new and has seen a recent spike in development. Thoughtful planning has transformed the neighborhood into a thriving urban community.
Properties in Midtown include:
- Multi-family homes
- Stylish new apartments
Get in touch with Trace Holcomb at (832) 428-5801 to help you find your perfect Midtown home.
At a glance
Few neighborhoods can claim the mix of great perks Midtown residents enjoy.
- Midtown boasts a Walk Score of 84/100, making it Houston’s most pedestrian-friendly neighborhood. Everything you need – groceries, restaurants and shopping – is just a few steps away.
- Its Transit Score of 83/100 is equally high thanks to the METRORail Red Line running through the district, as well as the bus line access.
- It received a Bike Score of 72/100.
- Major transportation routes are easily accessible, like I-69/US HWY 59, I-10 and I-45, to take you anywhere you need to go.
- Midtown is close to a diverse range of businesses and company offices like:
- Oil giants Shell, Baker Hughes and Chevron
- Major healthcare providers at the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest medical complex, less than 20 minutes away
- Continental Airlines, JPMorgan Chase and more
- Law firms, large and small, including Baker Botts; Norton Rose Fulbright; Vinson & Elkins, etc.
- Midtown is in close proximity to the Museum District, home to museums, art galleries and cultural centers in four walkable areas.
- A plethora of restaurants, watering holes and coffee shops surround the heart of Midtown at Main and Bagby.
- Bagby Park has a dog park, picnic tables, kiosks, water features, art pieces and bocce court. Baldwin Park is also a local favorite.
- Midtown Park is a planned mixed-use development which is expected to have green space, retail facilities, residential dwellings and a public parking garage.
If you’d like to learn more about the homes for sale Downtown, call 713-572-0824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.