Linkwood is a cozy deed-restricted residential subdivision nestled inside Houston’s Inner Loop.
It’s one of Houston’s older neighborhoods, established sometime in the 1940s and 1950s. Properties here feature spacious lot sizes, sizable lawns and suburban appeal – qualities that make it a great fit for buyers looking for a family-friendly neighborhood.
Linkwood’s tranquility can make residents feel worlds away from Houston’s pulse and excitement even if it’s conveniently close by.
Like most areas inside the Inner Loop, students in Linkwood are served by the Houston Independent School District, the largest public school system in Texas. There are also private schools are also nearby.
- Twain Elementary
- Longfellow Elementary
- Roberts Elementary
- Pin Oak Middle
- Pershing Middle
- Bellaire High School
Homes and properties in Linkwood are predominantly made up of vintage, newly refurbished houses. There are also new homes built as recently as 2015, featuring styles that complement the neighborhood.
The community’s deed restrictions are actively enforced by the homeowners association in order to preserve the integrity of the neighborhood. Improvements on homes and new constructions are welcome, subject to the review and approval of plans.
Features that characterize the neighborhood are:
- Large lot sizes averaging around 8,000 square feet
- Homes in ranch and traditional architectural styles
- Expansive front yards and lush landscaping.
- An active homeowner’s association
- A mix of refurbished vintage homes and newly built dwellings
Get in touch with Trace Holcomb today at (832) 428-5801 to find the home that suits you in Linkwood.
At a glance
Linkwood’s ideal location within the Inner Loop and proximity to major transportation routes is an advantage – although some of the city’s most important business districts and attractions are just a short drive away.
- Downtown Houston, which is the Central Business District, is home to the offices of prominent companies and employers. It’s10 miles northeast of Linkwood via the 610 Interstate and State Highway 288.
- The Texas Medical Center is the world’s largest medical center with the highest concentration of clinical facilities for healthcare and translational research. It’s just four miles northeast, along Braeswood Boulevard, Main Street and Holcombe Boulevard.
- The Houston Energy Corridor is home to some of the city’s biggest energy industry-related employers. It’s around 20 miles from Linkwood, via Interstate 610 and 10.
- The Uptown District is the city’s 17th largest business district with more than 2,000 local and international companies. It also features up to 5 million square feet of retail space dominated by high-fashion shops, restaurants and entertainment venues. The district is about six miles away via Interstate 610.
- Restaurants and groceries surround Linkwood, especially along Main Street. Top foodie picks include Sleepy’ Po-Boys, Wild Kitchen, Costa Brava Bistro and more. There’s also a Whole Foods Market just five minutes away along Bellaire Boulevard.
- Parks and recreation. The nearest parks include Memorial Park, Linkwood Park, Helen’s Park and Hermann Park.
If you’d like to learn more about the homes for sale in Linkwood, call (832) 428-5801 today.