Memorial is one of the most popular communities in Houston. It is a beautiful neighborhood with age-old trees, spacious lots, manicured lawns and some of the most high-end homes in the city.
The area known as Memorial sits south of the Katy Freeway (I-10), west of Loop 610, east of SH 6, and just north of Buffalo Bayou. Its amazing location allows residents access to great schools, amazing restaurants and shopping destinations and other commercial and recreational hotspots in Houston.
Memorial is home to many exceptional deed-restricted neighborhoods, gated communities and upscale subdivisions. Notable examples include the Memorial Villages, Stablewood, Gaywood, Frostwood, Memorial Forest, and more.
Access to excellent schools is one of the best reasons to live in Memorial. Residents can choose to send their children to schools zoned in the Spring Branch Independent School District or the Houston Independent School District.
School options include the following:
- Memorial Elementary School (Houston ISD)
- Bunker Hill Elementary (Spring Branch ISD)
- Grady Middle School (Houston ISD)
- Springs Oaks Middle School (Spring Branch ISD)
- Stratford High School (Spring Branch ISD)
- Memorial High School (Spring Branch ISD)
The Memorial area offers a wealth of choices when it comes to real estate. With its sheer number of neighborhoods and communities, the neighborhood offers some of the best homes around, including some of the following styles:
- Vintage ranch-style homes
- Traditional single-family homes
- Sweeping estates
Single-family homes, which are the most popular option, are built on mid- to large-sized lots, with floor plans that range from 1,400 to 6,000 square feet. These homes are all different styles. Townhomes are also becoming a popular choice in Memorial.
At a glance
For outdoor recreation, Memorial’s vast area holds plenty of options.
- Neighborhood parks such as the Terry Hershey Park, George Bush Park, Pioneers Park and Bear Creek are only minutes away
- Memorial Park , one of the most popular outdoor spaces in Houston, is a short drive away
Memorial also offers the very best of Houston as a community.
- Proximity to Houston’s major retail district, the Galleria; the Galleria Mall is home to restaurants, an ice skating rink and hundreds of stores
- Memorial Park Golf Course, a top-ranking municipal golf course located in Memorial Park
- The newly renovated Memorial City Mall is an alternative to Houston’s other shopping scene and offers plenty of restaurants, shops and entertainment options.
- Proximity to CityCentre, located at I-10 and the Beltway, which is a popular destination for Memorial residents. CityCentre is an upscale mixed-use development that combines shopping, entertainment, residential options, hotels and office buildings.
If you’d like to learn more about the homes for sale in Memorial, call 713-572-0824 or email email@example.com.