Pearland is a thriving city and beautiful Houston suburb conveniently located just 20 miles south of downtown, and is considered part of the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan statistical area.
Residents of this wonderful community enjoy a very high quality of life thanks to the great mix of features, amenities and facilities that the city continually strives to improve.
The top three factors that convince people to move to Pearland are:
- Affordable housing
- Safe neighborhoods
- Excellent schools
These and many other reasons have made Pearland one of the fastest growing cities in Texas and the U.S.
The city’s students are mainly served by the Pearland Independent School District, along with the Alvin ISD, Fort Bend ISD and three others.
Top public schools in Pearland include:
- Shadycrest Elementary
- Silvercrest Elementary
- Magnolia Elementary
- Sam Jamison Middle
- Alexander Middle
- Rogers Middle
- Robert Turner College And Career High
- Glenda Dawson High
- Berry Miller J High
The city is a residential community with family-oriented neighborhoods and master-planned communities. It is also home to businesses and investment properties. The streets are wide, well-planned and nicely maintained.
Pearland offers just about any type of home under the sun, like:
- Affordable or luxurious single-family homes
- Patio homes
- Rental apartments
- Vacant lots ready for development
Large lots can be between 6,000 and 15,000 square feet, while the homes may have 1-5,000 square feet. The architectural styles of the homes in Pearland are ranch-style, traditional and Mediterranean.
Master-planned communities in Pearland include:
- Villages of Mary’s Creek
- Lakes of Savannah
- Southern Trails
- Shadow Creek Ranch
- Riverstone Ranch
- Autumn Lakes
- Cabot Cove
If you are interested in any of the homes and communities in Pearland, get in touch with Trace Holcomb at (832) 428-5801.
At a glance
Pearland traces its humble beginnings in the 1880s as a sleepy town near a siding switch for the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railways. The city’s name was inspired by the large number of pear trees that the early residents had planted in the rural landscape.
Today, modern amenities abound, including a thriving business center with excellent schools, parks, restaurants and shops.
Residents enjoy easy access to:
- Work and social hubs. Pearland sits just half an hour away from the heart of Houston – allowing residents easy access to major international employers headquartered in Houston’s Central Business District, the Energy Corridor, the Texas Medical Center and more.
- Medical centers and hospitals. Healthcare facilities include the Pearland Medical Center, Pearland Convenient Care Center and the Houston Methodist Pearland Emergency Care Center.
- Major transportation routes. Texas State Highways 288 and 35 both run through town and lead straight to downtown Houston and other coastal towns to the south. Beltway 8 and Interstate 45 are also nearby.
- Parks and outdoor recreation. Pearland offers Centennial Park, Corrigan Park, Independence Park and more.
- Food, retail and entertainment. Check out the Pearland Town Center, the Shadow Creek Market Place, The Crossing @ 288 and more.
If you’d like to learn more about the homes for sale in Pearland, call (832) 428-5801 today.