Rice Military is one of Houston’s fastest growing locations.
Rice Military is bordered by Washington Avenue to the north, Shepherd Drive to the east, Buffalo Bayou to the south and Westcott Street to the west. Its location gives residents easy access to downtown, Midtown and the Museum District.
A community primed for growth, Rice Military’s home values have continued to appreciate over the past 10 years. Its location in Houston’s inner loop and its proximity to some of the city’s top districts and roadways are key contributors to the desirability of the neighborhood. Rice Military also has fantastic new housing developments and great local amenities for residents to enjoy.
It’s definitely an exciting place to live in the inner loop.
- Memorial Elementary School
- Hogg Middle School
- Lanier Middle School
- Lamar High School
The main appeal of this neighborhood is its convenient location. Following its rejuvenation in the 1990s, it transformed into a true urban center with an array of beautiful homes and wonderful amenities.
Here you’ll find:
- The most affordable real estate properties inside Houston’s inner loop.
- A wide variety of homes for sale and for rent that include:
- Single family homes
- Patio homes
- New construction
- Condos in midrise residential buildings
- The benefits of an urban setting– from the excellent location, fantastic amenities and proximity to downtown.
Get in touch with Trace Holcomb at (832) 428-5801 to help you find your home in Rice Military.
At a glance
Rice Military’s quirky name originated from two sources.
“Rice” comes from the prominent Rice family that once owned the surrounding land. The notable member was William Marsh Rice, the founder of Rice University. “Military” was taken from the nearby World War I-era US Army training camp known as Camp Logan.
Today, the sleepy rural community of 5-10 years ago is no more. Instead Rice Military is a vibrant example of urban convenience.
Living here has many advantages:
- The Rice Military Civic Club, a volunteer organization, provides activities and resources for residents.
- The Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest medical complex, is less than 20 minutes away directly south of Montrose via Main St. and Montrose Blvd.
- The Houston Energy Corridor is about 30 minutes away via Interstate 10.
- Rice Stadium at Rice University is a 15-minute drive, if you would like to watch a college football game.
- Washington Avenue, the thoroughfare that marks the northernmost boundary of Rice Military, boasts a vast array of trendy restaurants, bars and clubs, and has earned its reputation as a party strip for nighttime fun. There is additional nightlife action in nearby Midtown and
- A visit to the newly renovated Galleria shopping mall and its more than 400 high-end shops and fine dining restaurants takes less than 20 minutes via Highway 59/Interstate 69 or I-610.
- Nearby parks include Memorial Park (one of the largest urban parks in the US), Buffalo Bayou, Nellie Keyes Park, Spotts Park, Cleveland Park and Sandy Reed Memorial Trail.
If you’d like to learn more about the homes for sale in Rice Military, call (832) 428-5801 today.