In River Oaks, you will find stately mansions, breathtaking esplanades and exquisite landscaping. Located in Houston’s geographic center, River Oaks exudes an old world charm that immediately captivates anyone who drives through its tree-lined streets. Many of these homes back to the exclusive River Oaks Golf Course or Buffalo Bayou.
River Oaks is one of Houston’s wealthiest and most expensive neighborhoods, with prestigious schools, superb services and luxury real estate options to match.
The community lies north of Upper Kirby, west of Neartown and Montrose, east of the Galleria and Uptown and south of Memorial Park. It is accessible through main roads like Kirby Drive, San Felipe Street and Westheimer Road. Downtown Houston and the Medical Center are just minutes away, as are key commercial areas.
River Oaks is part of the Houston Independent School District and is home to some of the best schools in the metropolis.
- River Oaks Elementary School
- Wharton Dual Language Academy
- Anne Catholic School
- Lanier Middle School
- Gregory-Lincoln Education Center
- Lamar High School
At around 1,100 acres, River Oaks is filled with expansive lots, grand mansions and ranch-style homes from the 1920s and 1930s. Many of these older homes have either been maintained or replaced with two-story new construction homes.
At a glance
Lush parks and green spaces give residents venues for outdoor recreation, while upscale amenities help them relax and socialize with other property owners.
- River Oaks is home to the prestigious and exclusive River Oaks Country Club and Golf Course, a distinguished venue for many Houston social events.
- Kids will love the Cinderella-inspired pumpkin carriage sculpture at River Oaks Park. The park also features a lighted sports field, tennis courts, playground and off-road trail.
- Other green spaces in the neighborhood include Sleepy Hollow Park, Olympia Park, Elliott Park, Meyer Park and Homewood Park.
- The River Oaks Shopping Center features over 75 retailers and restaurants, including Ann Taylor, Steven Cash Diamonds and La Griglia Restaurant.
- Designers, decorators, architects and artists are known to frequent the Antique Pavilion for one-of-a-kind finds and creative inspiration.
- Come to the River Oaks Bookstore for author appearances and book signings. The family-owned and operated business has a collection of over 7,500 titles.
- Backstreet Café offers a cozy ambience with a beautiful outdoor patio.
- Mockingbird Bistro serves French cuisine with a Texan twist. Colorado rack of lamb and creamy goat cheese polenta are some of the dishes on offer.
Is River Oaks the kind of place you’d like to move to? Find a home in the neighborhood today. Feel free to call 713-572-0824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.